Friday, July 11, 2008

Gluten-Free White Chili


I am re-posting my white chili recipe, because I have changed it some since going gluten-free and to participate in The Nourishing Gourmet's food carnival. I usually double the following for future meals.

Brown:

1 # ground turkey (I have substituted leftover chicken at times.)
1 c. chopped onion
2 T. minced garlic

Mix in Stockpot:

Browned meat
2/3 c. quinoa
2 16 oz. cans Northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 - 2 T. ground cumin
1 T. minced canned jalapenos or 1 4 oz. can diced green chili peppers
1 tsp. marjoram
6 c. chicken broth

Bring the chili to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Those who can eat dairy in our family top their serving with shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, but the chili tastes good without cheese. I serve the chili with a green salad. This makes an easy, fast and delicious meal!

3 comments:

Kimi Harris said...

Melissa,
Thanks for being part of the carnival. Your recipe is going to be bookmarked because it sounds great! I love how you use quinoa in it. Thanks for sharing it!

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

What a great option for using quinoa. Thanks! :)
It sounds delicious.

Blessings,
Michele
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

VaQueenBee said...

This sounds really good! I love trying new chili recipes!