Thursday, April 22, 2004

Girls Day In, Boys Day Out

Today was "Take Your Child to Work Day". James took the boys to work, because they were both old enough this year, and Sophie and I spent the day together. We went shopping and then came home for lunch and tea. I made Sophie pb&j sandwiches which I cut with cookie cutters in the shape of a heart, a flower, a little "S" and a music note. The flower sprouted out of "grass" which was actually frozen peas. I also served her little melon balls. She sipped vanilla tea out of a miniature pink china cup. I lit a candle and decorated the table with flowers as well. For dessert, we both ate a rasberry chocolate truffle.

After cleaning up the kitchen, I lit candles in the family room and turned on (!) the fireplace (it is a dark, dreary, rainy day today) and read poetry aloud. We played two games of dominoes, then watched an episode of "Little House on the Prairie". Sophie played with dolls while I started laundry. Next, we worked on spelling on a white board, then Sophie read some Bob books to me. When she got tired, I read to her. Now it is time to get supper.

I wonder how the boys enjoyed their day with James!

No comments: