Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pesto Turkey Burgers

 Disclaimer:  I am not a food photographer.  After making dinner for my family of six, I'm more interested in eating than lighting and staging.  However, I recently started using Pinterest as a virtual recipe box, and a picture is necessary for a pin.

A recipe for basil-zucchini turkey patties served as my inspiration, but I thought that the addition of zucchini spread the pesto flavors too thin.

Ingredients
1 cup packed fresh basil
1/4 cup packed fresh parsley
1/2 cup toasted walnuts
1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp. minced garlic
olive oil to drizzle
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 - 1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey 

In a food processor, pulse all the ingredients except the turkey with enough olive oil (sometimes I use some water as well) to form a coarse paste.

In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the pesto into the turkey by hand and form the meat into small to medium-sized burgers. I layer the patties on a plate, separating the layers with waxed paper.

Grill the burgers, or fry them in a nonstick skillet, approximately 3 minutes per side. 

Double the recipe if serving more than six.

No comments: