Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Fall Must Be Here

Yesterday morning, the kids noticed flies buzzing around the guinea pig cage. Later, as I walked down the stairs, I noticed black specks scattered around on the ceiling. No room was immune to the invaders. One pest even had the audacity to land on my finger. Shudder. We began to swat those we could reach and began the count. My husband joined in the extermination last night, continuing this morning. So far, total, we have killed 29 flies. Ugh! Two more are marked creatures.


At this point, I feel the need to assure those reading that we do not live in a pig sty. Nor do we leave our doors open. I'm not sure how they are all getting in.

The bugs must have sensed that cooler weather was coming. Today, the temperature has dropped and there is a chill in the air.

I wonder if it will be a cold winter.

Update: We killed 41 flies total by the end of this anti-pest campaign!

No comments: