Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Boy After My Heart

They are home safe! James and Evan went on a backpacking trip in the Mount of the Holy Cross wilderness. Since Evan wants to blog about his experiences, I will leave most of the details to him, but I want to record a few things that I want to remember.

I sent my camera with James and Evan, begging them to please remember to take pictures so that I could get a glimpse of the beauty that they would witness. Shortly after they returned home, we downloaded pictures and enjoyed a slide show. I was thrilled to see that Evan took many pictures of wildflowers. When I asked him what was his favorite part of the trip, he quickly said "The meadows of wildflowers and taking pictures." (A few weeks ago, Matthew said that he enjoyed taking pictures, but Evan retorted that he would rather do other things.)

Evan took some clear pictures of a blue columbine from some different angles. "I took this picture, because I thought you'd want to see the long petals on the back," he explained. His comment warmed my heart that he was thinking of me. His pictures are the best gift of flowers that I've ever received!

Please click here to visit Evan's blog to read about the backpacking trip from his perspective and to see the beautiful pictures! I'm sure he would love to hear from you in the comment section. :)

2 comments:

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

That is so precious that he was taking pictures of flowers for you. I know that it melted your heart. What a sweet boy.

Scribbit said...

That's so sweet of him, makes you all mushy when your boys do something sweet like that.