Thursday, July 19, 2007

Remembering Anna Elise

As I posted earlier, the waters of Lake Ontario claimed the life of a young cousin of mine on Sunday. I did not know Anna well, though I am close to her Grandma, my Great Aunt, whom I lived with for a semester in college, and I have gotten to know her sister, Kristen more in the past year. Though her family grieves losing her greatly, they are not in despair, because they know that she is now face to face with her Savior Jesus, and because of Him, they have the hope of the Resurrection and eternal life.

Please visit the Syracuse RP Church website if you would like to read briefly about Anna's life and death and to know how to lift the family up in prayer.

3 comments:

Scribbit said...

I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. Over Memorial Day weekend this year my sister's son drowned in a nearby lake and after dealing with the sadness my heart goes out to you.

Meliss said...

I'm sorry about the loss of your nephew, Michelle. Thank you for your condolences.

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Melkhi..I am so sorry for your loss. Heartbreaking. I was just perusing other blogs two nights ago and came across a lady whose 5 year old daughter just drown. Makes me hold my son a little tighter. Praise God they have the hope of eternal life in Jesus Christ! This life is just preparation for the next. Praying for her family.